Monday, July 6, 2015

June Portfolio and Networth Update




Happy 4th of July!! Time for another update on my portfolio and networth. 

Buys/Sells:
Like May, June was a very boring month with no activity in this department. I didn't have a whole lot of time this month to do any research and I have decided to save up some cash for my emergency fund and there it a slight possibility of us looking to buy a house this year so I want to save up a little in case we do decide to go down that path.

FRIP
Scottrade offers a Flexible Reinvestment Plan, where dividends from qualifying companies can be used to purchase shares in any other qualifying companies without any commission. So I take advantage of this every month and I usually use it to build up my positions in companies where my positions are lagging.
This month my dividends were used to purchase 8 shares of Aqua America (WTR). I finally had a chance to update this last month and chose to start investing in a water utility company

Interested in trying Scottrade? Contact me to receive a code for 3 free trades!

Loyal3
My Loyal3 account is going strong, automatically invest $50 of shares in 4 companies: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Kellogg's (K), Pepsico (PEP), and Unilever (UL). As of May my Loyal3 account stands:

Symbol Shares Total
DIS 2.363 $267
UL 5.7955 $250
PEP 2.6152 $245
K 3.9007 $244

Total $1,006

I think in July I will start adding to the companies I invest in with Loyal3.

Net Worth
Net worth will always be a secondary goal for me with generating passive income being my primary goal. But net worth is something I have started tracking. Given how much of my net worth is in stocks, my net worth will have a tendency to fluctuate frequently with the market but hopefully my net worth continue an overall upward trend over time.
Assets:
   - 401k:                   $86,231
   - Investments:        $74,565
   - Cash:                   $11,904
Liabilities
   - Student Loan 2:  $6,460
   - Car Loan:           $7,689
NETWORTH:       $158,571 up  3% from last month

Current Portfolio:


SymbolSharesSymbolShares
VHGEX173.82JNJ17
VWIGX177.917KIM77
VTRIX110.62KMI104
AFL48KO36
BBY1MAT59
BNS36MRK43
CIM13NOV79
CVX15OHI65
DLR74SNE10
GE86SPY10
HCP56T103
HP34TGT31
INTC94VZ30
IYY20WFC48
XOM15WTR23


Well nothing exciting happening to my portfolio this month. I am holding on to cash becomes I am uncertain what I want to do with it, it is possible that within a couple of months we could be looking to buy a house..

How about you? Any good purchases in June?

Photo Credit: freedigitalphotos.net



No comments:

Post a Comment