Thursday, July 9, 2015

June Goals Update



I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We went to my girlfriend's parents house launched some fireworks and had a barbeque so it was low key and great.

GOALS
Financial
Expense rate under 45% of my net income.  A+
My expense rate was 38% of my income, which is fantastic and I need some more months like this to reach my goal.
 

Establish an emergency fund and automatically deposit some money into it each month. C
Still no progress in this department yet, but I know have enough cash to set aside as emergency funds, just need to do it

Invest $2,500 per month. C
I invested just $200 this month with my Loyal3 purchases of Disney (DIS), Kellogg's (K), Unilever (UL), a Pepsico (PEP) being my only activity. So, not a good month at all.
 
Open a Loyal3 account and start a small amount of automatic investing. B+
In one sense this goal is complete, I opened an account and starting automatic investing, however I don't want to mark this as complete yet, in July I would like to add to these investments.

Pay for my vacations with overtime.
A
I put in 21 hours of overtime this month. I also recalculated how many hours I needed to reach my goal which should ease things up.

Establish one new source of income. C
No update on this front yet.


Physical

Complete the Tough Mudder.
C
I am already signed up for this one, so it will be happening.

Workout my legs 2x per week.
A
I did not do a good job tracking this month but I feel like my leg workouts have become more regular now.

Complete a sprint triathlon. B
Started swimming to get ready for my triathlon in 2 weeks! I'm not worried about the running or biking, I always do those things, but swimming a half of a mile at once is something I'm working up to.

Run at a faster Pace: complete a 15K in 1 hour and 24 minutes (9 minute/mile). D
No progress here either.

Reduce my percentage of body fat to 12%. D
I am actually not sure what my current percentage is but it probably got better during the diet, unfortunately I have been off the diet so... 

Track my calorie intake every day and review weekly. D
We were doing the Whole30 this month and I thought it would be a lot less stress to only worry about eating the correct things instead of trying to also track my calories.


Personal

Read 6 Books from my Reading List. C
Finally started one of the books on my reading list.

Take an online class. D
Nothing here either.

Average one blog post per week. C
I posted just 3 articles in June, I was a day late on what would have been the 4th article.

Travel somewhere new. COMPLETE
We did it and it was great! We loved our time in New Zealand and I wish we had gone for longer.

Try meditation. C
I need to figure out a game plan for accomplishing this goal.

Try out one new hobby. C
I think I am going to pursue mountain biking, but I need to figure how I can try it out instead of diving headfirst into it.

Date night with my girlfriend at least once per month. A
Dinner and movie.

Conclusion
I am definitely making progress. But my financial goals need some tightening up if I am going to reach my goals, my expense rate and amount invested in particular.

Photo: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment