Saturday, June 6, 2015

May Networth and Portfolio Update




Time for another update on my portfolio and networth. 

Buys/Sells:
May was a very boring month with no activity in this department. I didn't have a whole lot of time this month to do any research and I have decided to save up some cash for my emergency fund and there it a slight possibility of us looking to buy a house so I want to save up a little in case we do decide to go down that path.

FRIP
Scottrade offers a Flexible Reinvestment Plan, where dividends from qualifying companies can be used to purchase shares in any other qualifying companies without any commission. So I take advantage of this every month and I usually use it to build up my positions in companies where my positions are lagging.
This month my dividends were used to purchase 7 shares of Aqua America (WTR). I finally had a chance to update this and chose to start investing in a water utility company

Interested in trying Scottrade? Contact me to receive a code for 3 free trades!

Loyal3
My Loyal3 account is going strong, automatically invest $50 of shares in 4 companies: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Kellogg's (K), Pepsico (PEP), and Unilever (UL). As of May my Loyal3 account stands:

Symbol Shares Total
DIS 1.8999 $210
UL 4.6273 $206
PEP 2.0781 $202
K 3.1001 $194

Total $812

I think I will let my Loyal3 account continue the automatic investing for a couple of months before I reevaluate.

Net Worth
Net worth will always be a secondary goal for me with generating passive income being my primary goal. But net worth is something I have started tracking. Given how much of my net worth is in stocks, my net worth will have a tendency to fluctuate frequently with the market but hopefully my net worth continue an overall upward trend over time.
Assets:
   - 401k:                   $84,791
   - Investments:        $74,565
   - Cash:                   $5,333
Liabilities
   - Student Loan 2:  $6,525
   - Car Loan:           $7,934
NETWORTH:       $153,540 up  3.5% from last month and a new milestone: networth over $150k!

Current Portfolio:


SymbolSharesSymbolShares
VHGEX173.82JNJ17
VWIGX177.917KIM77
VTRIX110.62KMI104
AFL48KO36
BBY1MAT59
BNS36MRK43
CIM13NOV79
CVX15OHI65
DLR74SNE10
GE86SPY10
HCP56T103
HP34TGT31
INTC94VZ30
IYY20WFC48


Well nothing exciting happening to my portfolio this month. Now that the big trip is over hopefully I will have some more time and money to focus on some solid dividend investing.

How about you? Any good purchases in May?

Photo Credit: freedigitalphotos.net



No comments:

Post a Comment