Sunday, March 15, 2015

February Goals Update



Only two weeks until our big trip to New Zealand and between planning the trip and overtime at work I cannot wait to be on vacation. Although this trip we be far from relaxing...instead it will be jam packed with adventure.

GOALS
Financial
Expense rate under 45% of my net income.  D
January started out very rough with a 108% expense rate, but February was much better due to a bonus at work. In February I managed to keep my expenses down to 35% of my income. That leaves me with a 62% expense rate for the year, after a slow start to the year I think I will be able to make up some ground.
 

Establish an emergency fund and automatically deposit some money into it each month. C
Still no progress in this department yet, if I want to open a Money Market account, as I was planning to do, I need at least $10k to open that account with my bank so I am still trying to decide how much cash to save up for this goal.

Invest $2,500 per month. A+
I invested over $2,000 in BAX and $200 split evenly between Disney (DIS), Kellogg's (K), Unilever (UL), a Pepsico (PEP) this month. So I did not quite make it to my goal for the month, but I did invest $4,000 in January so I am up to $6,200 for the year, so right now track.
 
Open a Loyal3 account and start a small amount of automatic investing. B+
One on sense this goal is complete, I opened an account and starting automatic investing, however I don't want to mark this as complete yet, I would like to reevaluate in a couple of months and if all is going well, add to my automatic investing.

Pay for my vacations with overtime.
A
I put in 12 hours of overtime in February, not as good as last month but should still put me right on track.
Establish one new source of income. C
No update on this front yet.


Physical

Complete the Tough Mudder.
C
I am already signed up for this one, so it will be happening.

Workout my legs 2x per week.
B
My basketball schedule has eased up a bit so I should be able to work this in, but for January I worked out only 6 times instead of the requisite 8.

Complete a sprint triathlon. C
No progress on this front yet, plenty of time to plan this one.

Run at a faster Pace: complete a 15K in 1 hour and 24 minutes (9 minute/mile). D
No progress here either.

Reduce my percentage of body fat to 12%. D
I am actually not sure what my current percentage is but I don’t think it is good. 

Track my calorie intake every day and review weekly. A
100% success so far.


Personal

Read 6 Books from my Reading List. C
No progress yet.

Take an online class. D
Nothing here either.

Average one blog post per week. A
4 posts in February so I barely squeezed it in.

Travel somewhere new. B
Well we purchased the tickets to New Zealand and we are VERY excited. Only two weeks to go.

Try meditation. C
I need to figure out a game plan for accomplishing this goal.

Try out one new hobby. C
Step 1: figure out what I would be interesting in trying, currently I have no ideas…

Date night with my girlfriend at least once per month. A
We went out to dinner a couple of times this month.

Conclusion
Well I think I am still doing OK. Most of these goals will just take time but I am on track to complete them.

Photo: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment